Golden Ticket Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GIVEAWAY.
1. Eligibility: Golden Ticket Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to persons who are legal residents of one of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Employees of Cargill, Incorporated, and each of their respective related companies, dealers, and agents, as well as immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Giveaway is solely sponsored by Cargill, Incorporated (Chekt), 15407 McGinty Rd W, Wayzata, MN 55391, United States. Cargill, Incorporated will administer the giveaway live in person at the Applebee’s Franchise Conference in Las Vegas, NV, November 9, 2023.
3. Agreement to Rules: By participating, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Giveaway Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects.
4. Timing: The Giveaway will begin at 11:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on November 9, 2023 and end at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on November 9, 2023 (the “Giveaway” period).
5. How To Enter: The Giveaway Entry “Entry” is created when an eligible person completes the following: (i) visit the Off-Premise booth at the Departmental Showcase at the 2023 Applebee’s Franchise Conference and 2) do the Chekt demo. Once you have completed the required steps, you will receive (1) entry. The entry must be received within the Giveaway Period and fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned to the account by the email service provider. Limit: one (1) entry per person. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addressed, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor, and none will be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, misdirected entries, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connection miscommunications, failed phone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic.
6. Prizes: Five (5) prizes that each include a gift cards totaling $100. Total ARV of all prizes: $500. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Standard gift card terms and conditions apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize of equal or greater value. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor to use winner's name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state/province, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation or consideration, unless prohibited by law. Failure to accept the prize in accordance with the rules will result in prize forfeiture.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Potential winners of the Giveaway will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor whose decisions as to the administration of the Giveaway and the selection of the potential winners are final. Drawings will be conducted during the drawing period, which will begin at 11:30 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on November 9, 2023 and end at 1:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight Time (“PDT”) on November 9, 2023 (“Drawing Period”). The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Entrants are only eligible to win one prize. The two winners of the Giveaway will be immediately following the Drawing Period. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' departure from the event space. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 72 hours from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as may be required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE GIVEAWAY AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this Giveaway you understand that the Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to edit, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, likeness, image or statements about the Giveaway for, any purpose, including but not limited to advertising, public relations and promotional purposes, without any further compensation or permission.
9. General Terms: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such case, the Sponsor may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void entries for any reason.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering this Giveaway, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless your email service Provider, the Sponsor, its affiliates and each of their respective related companies, and each such company's officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt, redemption or use of the prize.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (v) any direct, indirect or consequential damages, or any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to entrant's computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or acceptance or use of any prize.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify, cancel or suspend this Giveaway if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security, or proper play of the Giveaway. In the event of termination, remaining prizes will be awarded in a manner to be determined by Sponsor consistent with state requirements. Under no circumstances, including negligence, shall the Sponsor be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of or inability to use the web site, or out of any breach of any warranty. This exclusion or limitation of liability will not apply to the extent that any applicable statute prohibits such exclusion or limitation of liability. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE SPONSOR’S WEB SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES
Any attempt by an entrant or other individual to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any participant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prizes won.
11. Disputes/Governing Law. All disputes concerning the construction, interpretation, validity, effect, and enforceability of these Official Rules will be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota without regard to conflicts of laws provisions. Entrant (i) agrees that exclusive jurisdiction over any legal action arising out of or in connection with the Giveaway will be in state or federal courts located in or nearest to state of Minnesota and by entering consents to such jurisdiction and venue; (ii) consents to resolve any such claims individually and without resort to class action; and (iii) agrees that all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorney’s fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the winner's name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Chekt - Cargill, Incorporated, 15407 McGinty Rd W, Wayzata, MN 55391, United States. Requests must be received no later than January 8, 2024.